What to Read First
- Please note that the APPs will not apply to employee records due to the ‘employee records exemption’. This means that the APPs will not apply to personal information collected in relation to your employment with Syntric Pty Ltd (although we will endeavour to maintain privacy as a matter of best practice).
We collect your personal information for the purpose of your employment or engagement with us and in connection with providing our business services. Sometimes we collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if you have consented to your information being used in this way or would reasonably expect us to collect it in this way.
We only collect this information from companies or sources that are allowed to disclose it to us. Below you will find a breakdown of the different ways your personal information is collected. What we collect from you when you sign up with us and create a login with us. When you sign up to our website using your personal details, we will collect this personal information so that your user preferences are stored when you come back and login.
What we collect from your online activity
- Site performance indicators: these give us information on how our websites are used, so that we can make the necessary improvements or amendments to make your experience a better one.
- Analytics Cookies: these give us the statistics to understand how many people are on our website, which areas are popular and which areas we need to work on.
- Advertising Cookies: we use these cookies to understand what type of advertising would be better suited to someone like you. That way, you would receive ads that are more likely to be relevant to you.
What we collect and receive from others
Use and Disclosure
- You have consented
- The ‘employee record exemption’ applies
- You would reasonably expect, or have been informed, that information of such kind would be passed on to those individuals, entities or bodies (for more information, see subclause 6.2)
- It is otherwise required or authorised by law, or reasonably necessary for the enforcement of a criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public
- It may prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health
Disclosure of Personal Information to Overseas Recipients
Quality of Personal Information
We do what we can to keep your personal information up to date and accurate at all times as this allows us to deliver a better service to you. If any information we have for you needs to be corrected, you can contact us via [email protected]
Where applicable, you also acknowledge and agree that where you are requested or required to provide personal information (including medical or sensitive information) to us, that the information provide is current, true and accurate.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. These steps include
password protection for all of our IT systems. While we cannot share with you details of our entire security system for safety reasons, if you have any questions, you can always contact
us at [email protected]
When no longer required, all personal information is destroyed in a secure manner.
Access and Correction
At Syntric, we do everything we can to keep your personal information accurate. If you find that any information we hold about you is incorrect, you can contact us at [email protected]. Please bear in mind that under Australian privacy laws, there may be situations where we cannot provide access to such personal information. For instance, if it would reasonably affect someone else’s privacy or may pose a threat to someone’s life, health or safety.
Collection and Recording of Medical or Sensitive Information
Syntric may collect medical, health or sensitive information from candidates or employees in order to perform the functions or activities of the business, to meet our obligations under work health and safety laws and regulations or where the law requires or authorises the collection of such information.
You acknowledge and agree that we request or require such information from you for the above purposes. Such information may also be disclosed for the purpose of your employment or engagement with us, or for the purposes which directly relate to one of our functions or activities, including to third parties where this is relevant. Where lawfully required, we will obtain your consent to any such disclosure.
Syntric will endeavour to maintain the privacy and confidential record keeping of all health, medical or sensitive information.
Syntric is committed to implementing a fair and responsible system for the handling of complaints that may arise under this policy and/or through the collection personal information.
If at any time you have any complaints in relation to privacy, please contact the Human Resources team. We will seek to address any concerns that you have through the complaints handling processes, if you wish to take matters further, you may refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Changes to this policy
How to Contact Us
We understand that your personal information is important to you. If you have any questions about this policy please contact [email protected]